Preliminary Video Auditions:
- The video is to be uploaded in a separate google drive folder (named after the team-name). The corresponding link should be submitted and the folder must be shared with email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com at the least.
- Video and audio quality should be as clear as possible. Illegible audio may lead to disqualification. Video quality should not be below 720p.
(Note: All movements and expressions should be clearly visible in the video.)
- A discussion about the act/script of the act may be uploaded along with the video in writing. The script should be either original or adapted. Plagiarism in script is strictly prohibited and if detected, will lead to immediate disqualification. Judges’ discretion on what should be considered as an “adaptation” or “plagiarism” would be final. The discussion should also make note of all elements (viz. poetry, songs etc.) that may have been used in the performance and are not original.
- The video should be single frame. No zooming/editing is allowed. Camera should be fixed at one place.
- Maximum video length limit is 15 minutes. Though a maximum of 5 minutes extra time may be considered in some cases for the sake of necessary artistic liberty, the discretion shall be the judges’.
- Subtitles might be provided for important dialogues in other languages. Usage of subtitles should be kept as “minimum” as possible.
- Usage of water, fire or anything that might harm the stage is prohibited. Nudity of primary/secondary sexual organs is strongly discouraged. Offensive usage in language and gestures is strongly discouraged.
(The prohibition is binding. For the rest of the cases - considering a more liberal notion of artistic liberty, discretion shall be welcome on the part of the participants. The judges’ decision shall be final.)
Pictures of members’ of competing team has to be uploaded in the Google drive along with the video.
The names of the 5 finalist teams shall be announced on or before 1st January, 2017. In certain cases, the number of finalist teams may vary by a maximum of 2 in excess and 1 in recess - depending entirely upon the discretion of the judges.